Monday, March 26, 2007

25th March- 26th March

25th of March(Sunday) was my dad's birthday. After celebrating his birthday in the afternoon, we(my dad and i) started our journey back to Ipoh.

Ps: Sorry Claire for not attending ur bday party on that day. Happy Birthday ya..




26th March 5am. We were at my ganduncle's(grandfather's brother) house.

At 6 am we left his house and headed towards a cemetery... Please! Don't think of anything eerie... We actually held an exhumation of my great grandfather's graveyard and relocate it to the Sam Poh Temple. Which means now my great grandfather and grandfather will alwiz get to see each other...hehe

Ya..we reached the cemetry at 7am sharp. Why so early? Because the adults claimed that its the best time(Gat Si..in cantonese) to do so. I thought we will need to do lots of stuff or witness the ceremony but actually, once we reached there, we were asked to lit up the joss stick only. Then we were asked to go home. They said we shall come back two and the half hours to collect the "bones"??! So we didn't actually manage to witness the process... how sad...



9.30 am... we saw this when we reached there... my great grandfather's bones...




Then we were asked to pick up one of his bones and put it nicely into an urn. The rest of it will be done by the workers there.




My dad , followed by my uncle(right) and my granduncle(left)... Did u notice that there are only guys?! They said female shouldn't attend or to get involved...

After that, we took the urn all the way to Sam Poh Temple and the ceremony finished at around 12.30pm. I was so tired.. Slept at 3am..woke up at 5am and now back to my home sweet home. (It is now 4.30pm) ...And ya, i missed Mr Jayan's class AGAIN!

0 comments: